This January, come journey with the Magnolia UMC family as together we…
Imagine the Possibilities!
Magnolia UMC has had “a home for every heart” in Magnolia for 180 years… and that same grace-filled love for God and others lives on today! This last year, our church evaluated “who we are” and “what we are about” through Colinas Way, and discerned 4 Core Values we adhere to:
Worship, Education, Fellowship, and Service. With this foundation in place, this January our church will continue to journey together as we remember our heritage, consider what God is doing today, & get ready for the next 180 years!
It’s amazing to think about the possibilities for 2018. But before we consider where we are going, let’s reflect upon where we have been in 2017. Here is a small snapshot of 2017:
· A new Pastoral Family was received.
· A new Youth and Children’s Director was hired.
· The Parsonage was remodeled (new floors, carpet, bathroom, kitchen).
· The Sanctuary was re-roofed.
· 20 people joined our church.
· Over 20 % increase in Worship Attendance .
· We had 12 students begin Confirmation Class.
· Children’s Church and our Acolyte ministry was restarted.
· Over 300 people ate Thanksgiving Dinner at our Community Luncheon.
· Trunk or Treat had over 100 people attend.
· 2 homes were helped after Hurricane Harvey.
· We hosted a Magnolia Pastor’s Breakfast.
· We provided bedding and sheets for SOS Twig ministry.
· We provided much needed funds for UMCOR after Hurricane Harvey as we partnered with Wildwood UMC.
· Hundreds of people were touched by our Church Bazaar.
· 3 families were provided Christmas presents and dinner by the UMW.
· Our District Superintendent preached.
· 151 people attended our Christmas Eve Candlelight service.
· VBS restarted and reached over 30 kids and adults.
· God Squad small group ministry engaged over 30 people.
· We hosted Raj Hope, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Weight Watchers, TOPS, and AA.
· We placed 2nd in the Magnolia Christmas Parade.
· Over 50 people served in Serve-a-lation.
· Yard Sale raised $1,200 to help local families.
This is just a brief overview of what has happened in 2017. We are looking forward to journeying with you in 2018 as we prepare to remember where we have been and look forward to where we are going!