MAGNOLIA UNITED METHODIST CHURCH CELEBRATES 180 YEARS!
It’s amazing that since 1838, Magnolia UMC has had a home for every heart. It all started with a group of Methodists gathering in a home in Wisteria Farms, Magnolia. Well… that tradition continues still today!
It is a joy to remember how Jesus embodied the hearts of our people in Magnolia for the last 180 years, celebrate how Jesus is in our hearts and church today, and dream about what the next 180 years looks like with Jesus as our guide.
April, 2018 has been a month of celebrations for our church!
- EASTER was such a joy to celebrate our risen Lord together with beautiful services full of life and love led by our Pastor Dr. Mark Welshimer.
- SERVELATION Our people were mobilized and served outside of our church walls with a 5k RUN, working on projects in the church and in members’ yards, preparing meals for shut-ins and sewing receiving blankets for newborns.
- BISHOP SCOTT JONES shared a very special message and challenged us as God’s own people on Sunday, April 15th! We celebrated his presence with a 10’ banana split/ice cream sundae. Yummy!
- 180TH CELEBRATION The weekend of April 21st and 22nd Magnolia UMC held two monumental events to commemorate this tremendous milestone in ministry……
180th CELEBRATION CARNIVAL ~ PUBLIC WELCOME
Hotdog lunch with all the fixings Great Music
Inflatables and Climbing Wall Carnival Games
A Cake Walk (with 20 cakes) Washer Tournament
Face Painting Children’s Games
SOS DONATIONS BOOTH
We hosted an 1838 Challenge for The Society of Samaritans to help collect boxes of macaroni and cheese for their Summer Feed the Children Program.
The Magnolia Community responded with an outpouring of affirmations on Saturday and Sunday to recognize and congratulate Magnolia UMC….. including:
*The Magnolia Elementary School Choir
*Texas Representative Cecil Bell
*Heath Vercher, previous Choir Director
*Sandra Barton, President of the Chamber of Commerce
*Charlie Riley, Montgomery County Commissioner
*David Hill, Montgomery County Constable
*Texas Representative Mark Keough
*Magnolia Historian Celeste Graves
*Todd Kana, Mayor of Magnolia with Jeannine Kana & Willie
*Shirley Jenson, President of the Society of Samaritans
*Rev. Kip Gilts, District Superintendent of Magnolia UMC
- SUNDAY, APRIL 22ND ~ “GREAT HISTORY, GREAT FUTURE” Worship Service and reception after church:
- US Representative Kevin Brady’s Proclamation presented by Mark Collins
- Rev. David Meeker-Williams with prayer and music
- Frank Parker (past Mayor of Magnolia) & Marcy (resident historian)
- YOUTH SUNDAY, APRIL 29TH We celebrated the future leaders of our Church as we remembered our rich heritage and dream of our glorious future.
God bless you, your family, our Magnolia UMC, and the greater Magnolia community!
Dr. Mark Welshimer
If anyone needs assistance, please contact Pastor Mark at: